School Run Musings

We've all seen her. That mum who looks like she's fallen off vogue magazine. She looks amazing, the embodiment of grace and calm. Then there's me. I look like I should still be in bed.

An Ode To The Glamorous Mum
Oh glamorous mother at the school gates
How I wish I could be just like you
But I'm sat here in sweatpants with messy hair
And a great big hole in my shoe
I envy your make up and how you found the time
While I rushed around ushering my brood
Into the kitchen, swearing under my breath
While trying to ply them with food
I look like I've fallen straight into my clothes
As I rolled with no grace from my bed
While you're freshly turned out and you look like you've fallen
Straight from a catwalk instead
Tell me your secrets oh glamorous mum
How I desperately want to be you
But I just can't find the time needed to preen
I guess that I'll just have to do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle Continues

It's been too long so here's a poem

Ooh A Podcast Appearance!