Ouch!

My thumb is throbbing.  I've just taken the very tip of it off while chopping a chilli pepper. I have not handled this well. A plaster has sorted it yet here I am on my sofa having a cry. I think it was a case of the straw that broke the camel's back. Plus chilli juice really bloody stings.

I've rung my mum, the Oracle, to check I'm not going to bleed to death (it was over an hour ago and I've not yet bled through a plaster but still... best to check). Now I'm sat, there was so much I wanted to do but it's all been bumped down the priorities list below 'sit and feel sorry for myself.'

This always happens when I'm overwhelmed with change and emotion and that's definitely how I've been feeling this week. With my youngest running off to school and loving it I'm happy and proud but now I'm still lost and the house is beyond quiet. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Until then it's time to slow down, take a bit of time for me and WATCH WHAT I'M BLOODY DOING WHEN I'M USING KITCHEN KNIVES!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle Continues

It's been too long so here's a poem

Ooh A Podcast Appearance!