National Poetry Day

It's national poetry day so I thought I'd honour my least favourite form of poetry, the haiku. I'm not sure why I dislike it so much, it's perhaps something to do with how short they are. They're also quite restrictive: one line of 5 syllables, one of 7 then another of 5. I prefer to be able to use lots of words. I also believe poems are best when they rhyme (which is probably why I'll never be taken seriously in poetry circles). 

Despite my dislike of them I always think it's good to do something you don't enjoy every now and then. That's how I've recently started to enjoy eating eggs and cucumber after years of insisting I don't like them. So here is today's Haiku which also serves as a guide as to how to write one:

Take a sentence of
Seventeen syllables and
Dissect them like this

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been too long so here's a poem

The Struggle Continues

Ooh A Podcast Appearance!