It's been too long so here's a poem

It's a poem that I wrote it as a reminder to myself. Sometimes after a bad day, when my thoughts are raging in my brain, writing is the only way to clear my head. I call it Hello My Name Is Sam - a name I chose because it was the first one that popped in my head and because I've always liked it.

Hello My Name Is Sam


Hello my name is Sam
And I've got lots to say
The only problem is

I talk in a different way

I really love dinosaurs 

And I think that you should too

So I'll talk about them all day long

I really wish you knew

As many facts about Jurassic Park

As I do, it's such a shame

That you say that you're not interested

So I'll tell you all their names

Then maybe you will like them too

And you can be just as clever

I don't really want to be alone

Please can we talk together?

I try to understand people

But my struggles are unseen

As they sometimes talk in riddles

And say things that they don't mean

They sometimes take a minute 

When they say "I'll be two secs"

And don't understand why I get mad

When it takes longer than I expect 

My jumper's really itchy

The words I need are in my head

They won't come out, I'm getting cross

So I lash out instead

A grown up let me down once

Now I find it hard to trust

So I sort my own problems out

When things seem unjust

I don't think to tell a grown up

When I'm feeling such frustration 

Or when something good has happened

And I can't control my elation

Or the dinner hall's too noisy

As the children shout and cheer 

So I punch the air, then shout and swear

While covering my ears

People think I'm naughty 

But they just don't understand

I struggle to communicate

That's why I use my hands


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle Continues

Ooh A Podcast Appearance!