Too Early

Last night I was asleep by 9pm, this was largely due to some impressive sinusitis. I slept right through until the sun decided to make an appearance at about 4 am, something I've been doing for a while now and it's getting really very tedious. Especially because 7 times out of 10 I'm not the only one the sun manages to wake up.

Expectation:

Early Morning
Those morning rays upon my face
Should make me feel delight
That I am now awake once more
After sleeping all the night
But at half past four I am dismayed 
For it is not yet day
I moan to myself and put my head
Underneath my warm duvet
Just a little bit longer I plead to the Sun
It's too early for me to arise
Wrapped up warm I'm sleepy again
And I gently close my eyes

Reality: 

Lie in?
Mum mum!
I need a wee
Mum mum! 
Can I turn on the tv?
Mum mum! 
I'm starving now?
Mum mum!
My sister's a cow! 
Mum mum!
She hit my leg!
Mum mum!
I want some egg.
Mum mum!
She's flooded the sink
Mum mum!
I need a drink
Mum mum!
She's sat on my head!
Mum mum! 
Oh you're out of bed?

I think we need thicker curtains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle Continues

It's been too long so here's a poem

Ooh A Podcast Appearance!